Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Texting vs. Status updates


I used to be way more into Facebook. Like I was addicted to it, just like everyone else I know. Went cold turkey for a little over a month and I didn't really miss it. Then went back to it just because it's a good way to share pictures more than anything. I rarely do status updates just because I really think they are just a way for someone to either take a cheap shot at someone, or just say the most retarded inane things that no one really cares about. Admittedly some of my good friends are pretty good at saying stupid things that I actually find amusing in their status updates, but 90 percent of status updates are terrible. This is not new news. Everyone pretty much agrees that most status updates are complete bullshit. But I realized yesterday that when I text my friends, it's usually nothing more than a targeted status update. Granted some are useful, like "where are you?" "you want to get a drink after work?" but a lot of them are like "dude, there are a lot of hot chicks out on walnut st." or "not that hungover". I guess texting is just a way of sending a status update that won't seem that retarded to the person receiving it. Maybe I am wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment