Thursday, April 26, 2012

Blind leading the Blind

There's a Center for the Blind not too far from my office so I always see random blind people (that sounds terrible, "see random blind people") with their tappin sticks.  This one guy today was tappin seriously hard. I could hear him from almost a block away.  He was really giving the sidewalk a good whack.  So I got to thinkin, as I always do.  Those sticks are designed so the blind person can feel their way around objects that are directly in front of them.  What if they made those sticks for people who were near sighted (people that cant see things which are far away.)  So the stick would just be extra extra long so they could "see" objects that are really far away. People could whack stuff half a block away. Could be pretty awesome.
I just thought this picture was funny considering the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment