Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Broad Street Run 2011


Crossing things off my list... Finally ran the Broad Street 10 miler this year, and it couldn't have been a more perfect day for a run. High 60s, sunny. Personally I feel like I kicked ass, but there's always room for improvement, and when I finished I felt like I could run a few more miles. My stats were pretty good. Finished in 1:24:41, an 8:28 mile pace, and was in the top 22% of finishers which I think is pretty ridiculous for a not so serious runner. But the stat I'm probably most proud of is my age/gender finish. Usually I am getting my ass handed to me in that category, but this time I was in the top 37%.

The interesting things that happened: Since we got there an hour and a half early at my sister's insistence, there was a lot of waiting around before the start. I drank a little too much water on the ride in so I'd stay hydrated. Luckily the lines for the bathrooms weren't so long yet. I go to this long line of probably 30 toilets and walk into a stinky one. Did a quick number 1 and came out. This lady walking into the one I just walked out of says to me "how is it in there? Is it bad?" which kind of caught me off guard. To which I replied "ugh, yeah, it's pretty bad but it wasn't me." I wanted to be like "look lady, it's not my personal bathroom you a-hole, it's a port-o-pot. I'm not responsible for it's cleanliness." Anyway, since we were there so long, I had to go again before the race. The lines were long this time. Probably 30 people deep. I get to the front of the line and am about to go in, when the lady that came out informs me that there was no toilet paper in there. Luckily I didn't need any but I was thinking how awful that would be if you did. Imagine you just waited in line for fifteen minutes and are about to run 10 miles, but now you gotta do it with an unwiped ass. Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment