Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Assume


You hear people say "don't assume, because when you assume you make an ass out of u-and-me." Not really true. Why do I get lumped in on being an ass? When you assume, you really just make an ass out of yourself... not so much me. You were the one doing the assuming. I couldn't find a good picture for this particular post, but when I google image searched for the saying, at about page four I got to a picture of the former Chad Johnson. I don't really have an opinion about the guy, but anybody who legally changes their name to their jersey number is an ass in my book. But when it's not even written correctly in the language in which he wants it to be, it's especially bad. I'm no grammarian but I guess this would be a good example of him assuming that eighty-five in spanish is just the number ocho and cinco he makes an ass out of just himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment