Monday, November 1, 2010

the gym.... again


The gym has been a constant source of entertainment for me. Who knew it could be so fun? Believe it or not I have a new found discipline. I've been going at least 3 times a week, but admittedly it's been getting harder since it's darker and colder in the mornings. I even went after work last week but I hate going after work. It's more crowded, smells bad, and I mean really bad, unbearably bad and the last thing I want to do after work is go to the gym. (one huge dude smelled so bad, I did a whole set of exercises holding my breath. I actually had to leave after 2 exercises. It was worse than a middle school locker room after a hoagie sale.) But that's not the point. I have been thinking about this for a while now and today I solidified my thoughts on this. I went to the gym at lunch (see, I told you, I'm disciplined) to see if a lunch time routine would work for me in the winter months. Plus I just needed a change of scenery. I was getting tired of seeing the same 3 ugly people every morning. Every time I see a trainer at the gym training a woman though, I get angry. These poor vulnerable women. These dudes aren't training, they're borderline raping. "Here, now do this exercise while I stand behind you and watch. Better yet, let's go on the mat where I'll flirt with and stretch your legs in ways no stranger should ever touch you." The most unfortunate part, I think most of these women are liking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment