Sunday, January 3, 2010

Bowling


First of all, great picture huh? Anyhow, I recently joined a bowling league. Yeah sounds lame, but it gets me off my ass for a change; something I plan on doing more of this new year- not bowling, but getting off my ass. Today was our first day and we didn't do very well, but it's not our goal to be the champions. We're out there just having fun. One thing that's funny about bowling is that no one really knows how to keep score. At least one person kinda knows that if you get a strike in one frame and you get a strike in the next frame it makes your score a little bit higher than normal, or if you get three strikes in a row some other good scoring change happens but you don't really know how it works. Another thing I realized happens every time I go bowling is that inevitably the pins will get all jacked up and you can never figure out how to reset them, or figure out how to call the desk to correct the situation... or the computer won't count a ball and you'll never be able to figure out how to go back into the main menu to fix the score so you just throw the ball down there and kinda hope that it works itself out. Bowling ain't bad but maybe it is.

1 comment: