Tuesday, January 5, 2010

ideas that would work


A few years ago I had some really good ideas that I wrote down and was determined to save somewhere and see if these ideas ever came to fruition. I am going to share a few of those today. Back when the video ipod first came out I thought it would be a good idea if they built in a projector into the actual ipod so that you could project your movies onto the seat back in front of you on the bus, have Cinema Paradiso nights on the side of some wall in a piazza (that's still my all time favorite movie by the way)etc... Just because I don't think anyone gets any real enjoyment from watching a movie on a 4 inch screen. Anything is possible. I just didn't think they'd be able to make a light powerful enough to fit into the body of an ipod without heating the ipod up so much that it would just burst into flames. But within the last week I saw that LG has come out with the new projector phone and I have heard good things about it. Granted the design of it isn't as graceful as I was thinking, the concept is the same. Trust me on this, I thought of it first and blogged about it back when I had a myspace page. Someone will be able to dig that up somehow. Another good idea I had was to put the internet on cd-rom. I know what you are thinking. The internet is way past being put on cd-rom, and who calls a cd-rom a cd-rom anymore. The thought behind this is that it would capture the internet at a moment in time and freeze it with all the pages available. It'd be like an encyclopedia yearbook. The next generation would be able to search the internet in 1996 and see what was actually available at that particular time. Say for example they are writing a paper on what was happening in the world at at that particular time, boom they load up the cd-rom for 1996 and can only see pages that were available in 1996. That way there is no rewriting of history. You would get to see exactly what the temperature of the world was at that time. Cool huh? Maybe this thing already exists but it's just on a flash drive. Some people say Flash drive, some say jump drive, junk drive, memory stick. What is it? I don't know. Speaking of ipods and apps, I thought a good app for an iphone would be a WaWa hoagie app. It would have the WaWa touch screen interface on your iphone and you could order your hoagie on the go. It would locate the nearest wawa and tap into their hoagie system. Bam, roast beef shorti, lil bit of mayo, provolone, hot peppers, salt pepper and oregano. Ah man, I have so many of these ideas. Another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment