Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Making Money


Lately I've been thinking of alternative ways of making money. I had a conversation with an old roommate of mine a year or two ago when the economy was reaaaalllly bad (not that it's not bad now) talking about what we would do if we got laid off. Understandably we were both pretty scared of that possibility, but we were thinking about what we were even good at that we could actually turn into a career. We both sat there and thought for a pretty long time in silence and couldn't really come up with anything good. I can't just be an accountant or be an analyst or work in communications, I don't know anything about any of those careers. Then my roommate said, "I know what I'm good at. I'm good at making bowls out of aluminum cans and breaking in hats." Somehow I don't think you can turn either of those things into lucrative careers but at least he was thinking. I came up with eating and drunk dialing. What I really want to do is invent some terribly stupid thing that just makes tons of money. Like the guy who invented silly bandz or pet rocks. Actually whoever came up with the idea of selling stars was the absolute smartest person in the world. I have a friend who actually bought his then fiance a star. I feel bad for him because he's actually a pretty smart guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment