Monday, October 5, 2009

checkbooks


I was thinking yesterday how infrequently I use my checkbook. Ever since I discovered how to do bill pay on my bank's website I really haven't written any checks. The only checks I really write are for stupid things, like paying my friend my fantasy football dues. I want to bring back check writing. I can't remember the last time I saw someone write a check for an actual purchase. Maybe when I was six and went to the grocery store with my mom was the last time. I was just wondering if cashiers would even know what to do if I wrote out a check. If I went to WaWa and bought two cokes and a newspaper and wrote out a check would they accept it? Or if I went to the bar, and at the end of the night wanted to pay my tab and was like "oh no, don't run the card, here, I am going to write you a check. Who do I make that out to?" Better yet,what if I bought two beers at a crowded bar and tried to pay the 6 bucks with a check? "sorry buddy can you move over a second? Thanks. Just need a solid surface to put this down. Thanks."
Someone should try this with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment