Tuesday, March 30, 2010

2010 Census


Not sure what the big deal is about the Census. Yeah, I understand its purpose for allocating money to communities with large populations and just figuring out how many people are in the country and what the demographics are. I get all that. What I don't get is someone actually needing help filling it out. There are all these mailers saying that the questionnaire is coming, and be ready for the census, and if you have trouble filling it out contact this number. Last I looked, the only questions they really ask you are; your phone number, if you live in the house, if you rent or own the house and what your race is... and if someone has lived with you in the last year, how old are they and what's their race, and sex. If you don't know the answer to any of those questions, I'm sorry but nobody is going to be able to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment