Monday, March 14, 2011

Inquiring minds wanted to know.


I know a lot of you are on the edge of your seat with my bathroom renovation, so in order to placate the small handful of you, here's some snaps. This is about three weeks in, with really only about 2 days worth of work (not counting the demo). A lot of the time is spent staring at the wall, debating if what I am about to do is right, then looking at the book, then debating if what I am about to do is good enough, then debating whether I should have done that last piece better, or if I should remove the last piece altogether, then finally if I should just quit and call a professional. Here's what I have done; all the cement board is installed and ready for tile. Up next, greenboard the rest of the areas and get the floor underlayment down.

Things I have learned:
1. I should have done this before I moved in.
2. cement board is a pain in the ass.
3. I should have only tiled the shower area instead of all 4 walls.
4. new plumbing is a bigger pain in the ass than I want to deal with.
5. It's hard doing these things with no money and no help.

No comments:

Post a Comment