Wednesday, August 25, 2010

50 incher


I'm not one for gadgets, I don't need the latest app or the best phone. But a neighbor of mine won a 50 inch flat screen tv through his work for being a top seller. He's not one for gadgets either so he propositioned me to do some housework in exchange for his new tv. (I obviously have amazing neighbors) How can I turn down a gigantic flat screen tv? Especially for free. I mean, nothing says success like a gigantic flat screen tv. At first I was a little nervous that a fifty inch tv would be too big for my place. I got over that in three seconds. I hooked it up, and five minutes later I was in love with a tv. I reset all my favorite channels to be in HD. I watched sportscenter and was reading the ticker at the bottom... all 4 inch tall letters. I paused to watch the credits of a movie because I could literally see every word. I even watched The Sisterhood Of the Traveling Pants because it came in so clear that I didn't want to change it. It's ridiculous.
But there are some drawbacks. I went to the Phillies game last night (I almost would have rather stayed at home and watched it on tv) and realized while I was at the McFadden's Bar in the ballpark that my tv was bigger than all the tv's they had there. I kinda felt bad about it. My tv is the tv you see at someone else's house and you say under your breath how ridiculous the size of it is, and how you would never get one that big. It's almost like how I would imagine it feels if you owned a Hummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment