Monday, August 23, 2010

Getting older


I literally got a little older last week. A decade older in fact. I Turned 30 years old on Monday and started to feel like it. I didn't have any new aches or pains, no grey hairs, no loss of memory, but it was something else that made me feel old. I was getting my haircut from a new person that has never cut my hair before a few blocks up the street from my house. Sat in the chair, and the guy asked me what we wanted to do. Naturally I don't really care or know how to describe it, but I just want the guy to cut it and not make me look like an idiot. So he starts snipping and not even ten seconds into the haircut he says, "and we're trimming your eyebrows today?". Which kinda caught me off guard. Now, I know my eyebrows aren't perfectly manscaped and I've even been known to yank out the really long ones before. So, I relented. But damn, one day over 30 and I already have to get my eyebrows trimmed. Luckily when I asked if my ears were okay he said they were. For the record, I don't think anyone is saying anything about Jake Gyllenhall's eyebrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment