Friday, June 3, 2011

Church


I haven't been to church in a while. I have a feeling I say that too much lately. It's a shame. Anyway, the other day I was at a happy hour at a pretty reputable bar (by reputable I mean, nicer than the dumps I usually frequent) and I was standing up leaning against this leather covered chair. It wasn't real leather, kinda like a vinyl, rubbery plether. I guess I was unconsciously picking at it while I was talking to some friends. Five minutes later I realized I was gouging out a pretty decent sized portion of the back of the seat. I knew it was wrong, but I kept doing it because it was fun. It reminded me of being in church; scraping the grime off the wooden pew in front of me. I don't know why that's fun but... and why is church the only place where you can really scrape like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment