Friday, June 17, 2011

Something to be Proud of

I don't know if this is really something to be proud of or not, but it's something I am going to tell myself to be proud of. You know how when you're young you like to think that your parents don't know anything, and you vow to never tell your own kid that they don't know anything and that you'll give them some respect. Not saying my parents didn't give me respect, they did, but they still didn't hesitate to tell me I didn't know what I was talking about. It's that "you'll understand when you get older" thing, and I really do believe in it as I am getting older. And you like to think back to things you're parents never had eg; the internet, cell phones, color tvs, etc. And how it's kinda cool that they did without those things. Vestiges of the past. So the one thing I am going to be pretty proud of, is the fact that I have silver fillings. Yeah. I am probably the very tail end of my generation to still have gotten silver fillings. And there's almost a sense of pride or a connection or commonality I feel when I see a celebrity on tv laugh and I can see their silver fillings. Like, "wow, that's cool... you got a cavity in the 80s or early 90s too." Call me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment